Free Learning Center
1. You should always look around the area before class to eliminate any potential safety hazards.
2. Which training principle describes the practice of systematically adding difficulty to exercise to progress students?
3. Master body weight exercise first before progressing to more difficult exercises.
4. What is the primary purpose of a warm up?
To prevent stress or strain on the body
To protect against injury
To help increase your work out time
Both A and B
5. It is a good idea to bring or use a timer to switch stations.
6. How long should you keep heart rate elevated for class?
7. Which of these are important principles in helping you as a teacher?
Keep an eye on all participants
Focus on your own moves and the students will figure it out
Plan each session ahead of time
A and C only
8. How long should you cool down at the end of a fitness class?
No cool down is needed
30 minutes or more
10 to 15 minutes
9. What are some important things to check before starting class?
Make sure area is safe
Clear the area of any obstacles
Make sure equipment is ready and accessible
All of the above
10. What are important things to consider before class?
Plan each session
Allow a plan for progression
Make sure instructors are certified
Make sure you allow time for fun activities