Free Learning Center
1. Flexion decreases the angle at a joint.
2. How long should you cool down at the end of a group fitness class?
No cool down is needed
30 minutes or more
10 to 15 minutes
3. The frontal plane explains the division of the body between front and back.
4. What difference will it make to wear proper shoes for class?
Can absorb more of the force from contact to the ground
A and B
None of the above
5. What is one of the primary roles as a kickboxing instructor?
Monitor safety of the class
Role model and motivator
All of the above
6. Which of these describes training overload?
Pay attention to target muscles for a specific sport or training purpose
Lift heavy no matter what
Push through plateaus
Gradually overload on your resistance to create a stimulus for growth
7. Which training principle describes the practice of systematically increasing your repetitions to get stronger?
8. Which describes the joint movement of the flexor muscles?
Increases the angle at a joint
Decreases the angle at a joint
Moves the body away from the midline
Elevates a body part
9. Muscle endurance refers to the amount of force that can be generated against resistance.
10. What is the role of an agonist muscle?
To assist the primary mover
To be the primary mover
To control posture
To prevent injuries