Free Learning Center
1. A rating of 17 to 20 on the Borg scale is considered at what difficulty level?
2. Target heart rates are important to monitor for seniors.
3. Strength training is recommended for 5 days a week for seniors.
4. When training someone with type 2 diabetes, where should you place your exercise focus?
Focus on weight loss
Check blood glucose levels before and after exercise
Should exercise at the same time each day
All of the above
5. What are common controllable factors for many chronic conditions?
Both B and C
6. What must you watch for when training someone with heart disease?
To see if they like the exercise
To make sure they are not holding their breath
To make sure they are concentrating on the exercises
None of the above
7. Many overweight people do not meet the minimum standards for exercise.
8. According to research, what percentage of a person’s muscles declines about every 10 years?
1 to 2%
3 to 5%
5 to 10%
10 to 20%
9. How many days per week should a person with heart disease train for as a goal?
1 day a week
2 days a week
5 days a week
Workout every day
10. When training someone for weight management, where should you place your exercise focus?
Focus on healthy eating
Set goals of 150 to 300 minutes per week of exercise
Use non weight bearing exercises
Both A and B