Free Learning Center
1. What is the best way to measure exercise intensity?
By deep breathing
Through heart rate
By how fast you cool down
None of the above
2. What is the recommended beats per minute (bpm) for a cardio based class in shallow water?
125 to 150
100 to 125
115 to 125
150 or more
3. Water aerobics is safe for those who have knee or hip osteoarthritis.
4. The best temperature for a deep water training class is less than 6.5 feet.
5. Exercise heart rate is usually lower in water based exercise compared to land based exercises.
6. Which of the following is not true when using proper form?
Head is placed firmly on the bench
Shoulders and upper back should be firm and even on the bench
Feet are flat on the floor
Buttocks is lifted off the bench
7. You should select a faster tempo of music for shallow water.
8. What is the appropriate water depth for a shallow water class?
3 to 3.5
2.5 to 3
3.5 to 4.5
4.5 to 5
9. What is the ideal temperature for a water based resistance training class?
78 to 82
90 to 95
83 to 90
83 to 86
10. Who is Water Aerobics appropriate for?
Someone recovering from an injury
Someone with arthritis, Parkinson or other disease
Someone who wants a low impact workout
All of the above