Free Learning Center
1. Which of these exercises uses both your upper and lower body?
Elbows to knees
2. What is the ideal temperature for a water based resistance training class?
78 to 82
90 to 95
83 to 90
83 to 86
3. You must use water resistant dumbbells or kickboards for the workout to be effective.
4. What is an example of a higher intensity exercise?
Light marching in place
Running from one side of the pool to the other
5. What is the primary responsibility of a water aerobics instructor?
Teach new exercises
Provide motivational music and workout
Keep participants safe
Push participants to a new level
6. Why is the correct water temperature important?
If the water is too warm, participants could overheat
It improves the quality of water
To offer cooling benefits
Both A and C
7. Shallow water is defined as what depth?
Water that reaches your neck line
Water that goes between your chest and your waist
Water that is below your waist
Any depth that uses a flotation device
8. What is the appropriate water depth for a shallow water class?
3 to 3.5
2.5 to 3
3.5 to 4.5
4.5 to 5
9. What music tempo is recommended for circuit water training?
125 to 150
100 to 125
115 to 130
130 or more
10. You should select a faster tempo of music for shallow water.