Free Learning Center
1. How many muscles are in your body (roughly)?
2. How many days per week should you recommend exercise for an experienced lifter?
2 to 3 times per week
3 to 4 times per week
4 to 7 times per week
Twice a day
3. Popular reasons why free weights are better than machines include:
Easier to develop power and strength
Recruits more muscles
Moves through a full range of motion
All of the above
4. Which describes the joint movement of the flexor muscles?
Increases the angle at a joint
Decreases the angle at a joint
Moves the body away from the midline
Elevates a body part
5. Free weights can help in developing the smaller synergistic muscles.
6. Breathing should be performed as inhaling as the muscles lengthen and exhaling as the muscles contract.
7. How much rest time is recommended for power exercises?
30 to 90 seconds
30 seconds or less
30 to 60 seconds
2 to 5 minutes
8. How often should beginners exercise per week in general?
2 to 3 days
3 to 4 days
4 to 7 days
As often as they want
9. Exercise volume refers to the amount of intensity a client has.
10. Which training principle describes the practice of gradually adding more resistance so there is enough stimulus to grow?