Free Learning Center
1. Training specificity explains what type of training?
Pay attention to target muscles for a specific sport or training purpose
Lift heavy no matter what
Push through plateaus
Always overload on your resistance
2. Which joint action describes the movement of adduction?
Decreases the angle at a joint
Moves the body away from the midline
Moves the body toward the midline
Increases the angle at a joint
3. Why should you use a PAR-Q with your clients in the initial visit?
To see if the client needs to lose weight
To assess a client’s interest in working out
As a pre exercise screening tool to uncover any medical concerns
A PAR-Q is not required prior to working out
4. Which of the following muscles is not part of the quad muscles?
5. The Anaerobic System must rely on carbohydrates for ATP production.
6. Popular reasons why free weights are better than machines include:
Easier to develop power and strength
Recruits more muscles
Moves through a full range of motion
All of the above
7. Biceps are a primary mover (agonist) in a bicep curl. What is the antagonist muscle?
8. If the hip adductor is the prime mover in an exercise, what is the antagonist?
9. Which training principle describes the practice of gradually adding more resistance so there is enough stimulus to grow?
10. What are the two primary physiological responses to resistance exercise?
Muscular strength and muscle size
Muscle size and power
Muscle strength and flexibility
Muscle size and flexibility