Free Learning Center
1. Which of the following benefits are attributed to weight training?
Protects the body from injury
All of the above
2. What is the role of an agonist muscle?
To assist the primary mover
To be the primary mover
To control posture
To prevent injuries
3. Which of the following is true regarding proper weight lifting form?
Never use a full range of motion
Always use your back when lifting from the floor
Always lock your knees
Never jerk the weight
4. Exercise volume refers to the amount of intensity a client has.
5. If the hip adductor is the prime mover in an exercise, what is the antagonist?
6. How many days per week should you recommend exercise for an experienced lifter?
2 to 3 times per week
3 to 4 times per week
4 to 7 times per week
Twice a day
7. Which one of these is not within your scope of responsibilities?
Help set realistic training goals
Collect health status information
Motivate and inspire
8. Some muscles are named after the function they perform in the body. As an example, forearm muscles are called flexors because they perform this action?
Extend the wrist
Elevate the wrist
Rotate the wrist
Flex the wrist
9. Type 11 fibers are faster and stronger.
10. Resistance training machines are best suited for experienced weight lifters.