Free Learning Center
1. Some muscles are named after the function they perform in the body. As an example, forearm muscles are called flexors because they perform this action?
Extend the wrist
Elevate the wrist
Rotate the wrist
Flex the wrist
2. Which of the following is not true when using proper form?
Head is placed firmly on the bench
Shoulders and upper back should be firm and even on the bench
Feet are flat on the floor
Buttocks is lifted off the bench
3. Which of the following is true regarding proper weight lifting form?
Never use a full range of motion
Always use your back when lifting from the floor
Always lock your knees
Never jerk the weight
4. Resistance training machines are best suited for experienced weight lifters.
5. When answering the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q), your client answers “yes” to a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by exercise. What should you recommend?
Begin training but at a low intensity.
Talk with a doctor and seek approval for exercise.
Train at a high intensity.
Begin more physical assessments.
6. What is the role of an agonist muscle?
To assist the primary mover
To be the primary mover
To control posture
To prevent injuries
7. Popular reasons why free weights are better than machines include:
Easier to develop power and strength
Recruits more muscles
Moves through a full range of motion
All of the above
8. How often should beginners exercise per week in general?
2 to 3 days
3 to 4 days
4 to 7 days
As often as they want
9. Which describes the joint movement of the flexor muscles?
Increases the angle at a joint
Decreases the angle at a joint
Moves the body away from the midline
Elevates a body part
10. What are the most common signs of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)?
All of the above