Free Learning Center
1. If the hip adductor is the prime mover in an exercise, what is the antagonist?
2. Why should you use a PAR-Q with your clients in the initial visit?
To see if the client needs to lose weight
To assess a client’s interest in working out
As a pre exercise screening tool to uncover any medical concerns
A PAR-Q is not required prior to working out
3. Biceps are a primary mover (agonist) in a bicep curl. What is the antagonist muscle?
4. Which of the three planes of motion describe dividing the body into top and bottom?
None of the above
5. Which training principle describes the practice of gradually adding more resistance so there is enough stimulus to grow?
6. Which describes the joint movement of the flexor muscles?
Increases the angle at a joint
Decreases the angle at a joint
Moves the body away from the midline
Elevates a body part
7. You should always keep a current CPR certification when training clients.
8. How often should beginners exercise per week in general?
2 to 3 days
3 to 4 days
4 to 7 days
As often as they want
9. Resistance training machines are best suited for experienced weight lifters.
10. Skeletal muscles are often named by what factors?
Origin and insertion
Number of origins
All of the above