Free Learning Center
1. What is an effective strategy to distract or disable an aggressor?
Use your weight as leverage
Use your weight plus momentum
Both B and C
2. Each of these is part of the posture of a basic guard position except which one?
Arms are up
Shoulders and hips are shifted to a 45 degree angle
Elbows are out
3. What are some examples of things you can use to distract an aggressor?
Throw dirt in their face from the ground
See if you have an aerosol can near by
See if you have a pen or other sharp object in your purse
All of the above
4. You should hold your keys between your middle fingers as a weapon when walking.
5. You can use your knuckles or fingers to poke someone’s eyes.
6. A basic guard position is with a staggered stance.
7. Which of these statements is a principle of engagement?
Use sudden movements to create confusion
Use eye contact as means of confrontation
Always keep your eyes forward to get to your destination quicker
Be the first one to instigate a fight
8. You can use the palm of your hand to what area of the body to throw someone off balance?
9. What is an important mantra which sets the attitude for self defense?
You are strong and wise
You deserve to live in peace
You have the right to protect your family and loved ones
None of the above
10. What is considered a basic skill of self defense?
Learning awareness about your surroundings
Learning how to run faster
Learning how to defend yourself in dangerous situations
Both A and C