Free Learning Center
1. The only way to measure heart rate is through a heart rate monitor.
2. How many days a week should a person exercise if they are overweight?
1 to 2 days a week
2 to 3 days a week
5 to 6 days a week
They should diet only
3. When you measure heart rate with your fingers, you should use what count (in seconds)?
4. When training someone with metabolic syndrome, where should you place your exercise focus?
Focus on weight loss
Focus on cardiorespiratory fitness
Both A and B
None of the above
5. The most important factor in aging is keeping a fit and healthy body.
6. What activities should a person with osteoarthritis engage in?
They should not do any activity
Work out every day for an hour
7. You can lower your risk of heart disease by losing as little as how much of your current body weight?
1 to 5%
5 to 10%
10 to 15%
More than 15%
8. When training someone for weight management, where should you place your exercise focus?
Focus on healthy eating
Set goals of 150 to 300 minutes per week of exercise
Use non weight bearing exercises
Both A and B
9. Lifestyle factors are known contributors to metabolic syndrome.
10. When training a client with type 2 diabetes, how many reps should you generally recommend per exercise?
1 to 5 reps
6 to 8 reps
8 to 12 reps
15 to 20 reps