Free Learning Center
1. How do you calculate maximum heart rate?
500 minus your age
440 minus your age
220 minus your age
130 minus your age
2. Exercise volume refers to the amount of intensity a client has.
3. Reactivity describes a person’s deep muscles that stabilize the core.
4. Which of the following tests measures aerobic capacity?
Sit and Reach
5. How many days per week should you recommend exercise for an experienced lifter?
2 to 3 times per week
3 to 4 times per week
4 to 7 times per week
Twice a day
6. Muscular strength is typically measured through a one repetition maximum lift.
7. How much rest time is recommended for muscle strength exercises?
30 to 90 seconds
30 seconds or less
30 to 60 seconds
2 to 5 minutes
8. What body fat percentage is considered obese for women?
10 to 13%
14 to 20%
25 to 31%
More than 32%
9. Which exercise selection describes a switch between bicep and tricep exercises?
Group exercises by major muscle groups
Alternate upper and lower body exercises
Alternate push and pull exercises
Alternate primary vs. assisted exercises
10. Once way to measure your heart rate is to place you two fingers on your pulse and count the beats over 10 seconds. How is the best way to get your one minute heart rate?
Multiply by 3
Multiply by 6