Free Learning Center
1. Which of these statements best describes balance?
Can be measured while standing still
Quickness for a rapid change in direction
Rate of movement speed
Output of strength and speed
2. How many days per week should you recommend exercise for an experienced lifter?
2 to 3 times per week
3 to 4 times per week
4 to 7 times per week
Twice a day
3. Training specificity explains what type of training?
Pay attention to target muscles for a specific sport or training purpose
Lift heavy no matter what
Push through plateaus
Always overload on your resistance
4. How often should beginners exercise per week in general?
2 to 3 days
3 to 4 days
4 to 7 days
As often as they want
5. Periodization is a way to describe training protocols that break into manageable goals.
6. Exercise heart rate is measured by what?
All of the above
7. Which exercise selection describes a switch between bicep and tricep exercises?
Group exercises by major muscle groups
Alternate upper and lower body exercises
Alternate push and pull exercises
Alternate primary vs. assisted exercises
8. Which of the following tests measures aerobic capacity?
Sit and Reach
9. Which exercise selection describes a switch between primary and assisted exercises?
Large muscle group to small muscle group
Upper body to lower body
Front side of body vs. back side
None of the above
10. Exercise volume refers to the amount of intensity a client has.