Free Learning Center
1. Training specificity explains what type of training?
Pay attention to target muscles for a specific sport or training purpose
Lift heavy no matter what
Push through plateaus
Always overload on your resistance
2. How much rest time is recommended for general fitness exercises?
30 to 90 seconds
30 seconds or less
30 to 60 seconds
2 to 5 minutes
3. Which of these statements best describes balance?
Can be measured while standing still
Quickness for a rapid change in direction
Rate of movement speed
Output of strength and speed
4. Which of the following tests measures flexibility?
Sit and Reach
5. How many repetitions are usually recommended for building muscular endurance?
8 to 15
12 or more
6 or less
1 to 2
6. Once way to measure your heart rate is to place you two fingers on your pulse and count the beats over 10 seconds. How is the best way to get your one minute heart rate?
Multiply by 3
Multiply by 6
7. Which exercise selection describes a switch between bicep and tricep exercises?
Group exercises by major muscle groups
Alternate upper and lower body exercises
Alternate push and pull exercises
Alternate primary vs. assisted exercises
8. What body fat percentage is considered obese for women?
10 to 13%
14 to 20%
25 to 31%
More than 32%
9. Reactivity describes a person’s deep muscles that stabilize the core.
10. Which of the following tests measures aerobic capacity?
Sit and Reach