Free Learning Center
1. Which of the following is not true when using proper form?
Head is placed firmly on the bench
Shoulders and upper back should be firm and even on the bench
Feet are flat on the floor
Buttocks is lifted off the bench
2. What is the benefit of using noodles, kickboards and/or resistance dumbbells?
Helps with balance and support
Helps provide moral support and confidence when exercising
Helps provide more resistance
All of the above
3. What is the primary responsibility of a water aerobics instructor?
Teach new exercises
Provide motivational music and workout
Keep participants safe
Push participants to a new level
4. A typical water aerobics workout will include which components?
Warm up, cardio and cool down
Cool down and cardio
Warm up, stretches and walking
None of the above
5. How long should your warm up last?
No warm up is needed
5 to 10 minutes
10 to 15 minutes
15 to 20 minutes
6. What music tempo is recommended for circuit water training?
125 to 150
100 to 125
115 to 130
130 or more
7. Which of these exercises uses both your upper and lower body?
Elbows to knees
8. You must use water resistant dumbbells or kickboards for the workout to be effective.
9. What is the ideal temperature for a water based resistance training class?
78 to 82
90 to 95
83 to 90
83 to 86
10. You should select a faster tempo of music for shallow water.