Free Learning Center
1. Who is Water Aerobics appropriate for?
Someone recovering from an injury
Someone with arthritis, Parkinson or other disease
Someone who wants a low impact workout
All of the above
2. Water aerobics can burn an extra 300 or more calories per session.
3. Deck training is more effective than water training.
4. Water Aerobics has been shown to be effective for reducing symptoms of stress and depression.
5. What does a rating of 6 or 7 mean on the Borg Scale?
Very light activity
Fairly light activity
Somewhat hard activity
6. What is the recommended beats per minute (bpm) for a cardio based class in shallow water?
125 to 150
100 to 125
115 to 125
150 or more
7. What are some advantages of deck instruction?
Better view of participants
Improved safety for participants
Both A and B
None of the above
8. Water aerobics is safe for those who have knee or hip osteoarthritis.
9. You must use water resistant dumbbells or kickboards for the workout to be effective.
10. What are some examples of warm up exercises?
Light marching in place
Running from one side of the pool to the other