Free Learning Center
1. How many repetitions are usually recommended for building muscular endurance?
8 to 15
12 or more
6 or less
1 to 2
2. How much rest time is recommended for general fitness exercises?
30 to 90 seconds
30 seconds or less
30 to 60 seconds
2 to 5 minutes
3. Why are free radicals dangerous to the body?
Leads to cell deterioration
Leads to disease
Both A and B
None of the above
4. How many days per week should you recommend exercise for an experienced lifter?
2 to 3 times per week
3 to 4 times per week
4 to 7 times per week
Twice a day
5. What are some examples of foods classified as phytonutrients?
All of the above
6. Women with an hourglass figure tend to store weight in their upper body and hips.
7. A warm up raises your core temperature.
8. Which best describes a split routine?
Begin with heavy weights and a lower number of reps
Pair four or more exercises together
Pair two exercises together
Major muscle groups are split into different days or workouts
9. Which are considered popular methods of exercise selection?
Group exercises by major muscle groups
Alternate upper and lower body exercises
Alternate lying and standing exercises
Both A and B
10. Typical rest periods for strength and power are 2 to 5 minutes.