Free Learning Center
1. Motor skills training refers to training improvements with coordination, balance, rhythm, sequence of movement patterns, spatial orientation and speed of reaction.
2. Which of the following statements are true regarding youth fitness training?
Physically active kids perform better in school
Physically active kids have better self esteem
Physically active kids have higher attendance records
All of the above
3. Special training should be made up of which combination?
10% general strength. 90% sport specific strength.
25% general strength. 75% sport specific strength.
35% general strength. 65% sport specific strength.
50% general strength. 50% sport specific strength.
4. What are protein requirements for 11 to 14 year olds (per pound of bodyweight)?
.5 to .75
1.1 to 1.2
.8 to 1.0
5. In the 11 to 14 age group, how much strength training is recommended?
1 time per week
3 times per week, 30 minutes
3 times per week, 15 minutes
This age group should not exercise
6. Which one of these components is NOT one of the main five for youth training?
7. Common flexibility constraints are hip and shoulder mobility in what age group?
Ages 6 to 10
Ages 10 to 13
Ages 13 to 15
None of the above
8. Always plan for rest and recovery workouts.
9. Always place emphasis on the smaller muscles for postural development.
10. Stretch what is tight. Strengthen what is weak.