Free Learning Center
1. Always place emphasis on the smaller muscles for postural development.
2. Is genetics a factor in the elasticity and length of your muscles and ligaments?
3. Stretch what is tight. Strengthen what is weak.
4. Always plan for rest and recovery workouts.
5. What should the total fat intake be for ages 4 to 18?
25 to 35%
10 to 15%
50% or more
15 to 25%
6. How much saturated fat should children take in according to the American Heart Association?
8 to 10%
10 to 15%
20 to 25%
7. In the 15 to 19 age group, how much strength training is recommended?
1 time per week
2 times per week
3 times per week, 20 minutes
3 times per week, 45 minutes
8. What are protein requirements for a 7 to 10 year old (per pound of bodyweight)?
.5 to .75
1.1 to 1.2
.8 to 1.0
9. Which of these are part of motor skills training?
Developing better rhythm
Understanding spatial orientation
All of the above
10. Kids are likely to see larger improvements in aerobic capacity after puberty.