Free Learning Center
1. Why is protein important in our diet?
It helps repair muscle damage
It helps growth and repair of body tissues
Maintains health of our hair, skin and fingernails
All of the above
2. In the 11 to 14 age group, how much strength training is recommended?
1 time per week
3 times per week, 30 minutes
3 times per week, 15 minutes
This age group should not exercise
3. Accumulated fatigue happens when there is too much work on a specific area or individual body part.
4. Common flexibility constraints are hip and shoulder mobility in what age group?
Ages 6 to 10
Ages 10 to 13
Ages 13 to 15
None of the above
5. What is among the most critical elements in youth fitness training?
Teach youth how to work together
Teach youth proper form
Teach youth the difference between strength training and weight training
Teach youth how to become more flexible
6. Young athletes often lack stability and overall coordination in their early years.
7. Which are considered ways to improve motor skills?
Develop better rhythm
Improving aerobic capacity
8. Which one of these components is NOT one of the main five for youth training?
9. What is the recommended fiber intake from the American Heart Association for children?
Age plus 12
Age plus 5
No fiber is recommended for children
10. What are protein requirements for a 7 to 10 year old (per pound of bodyweight)?
.5 to .75
1.1 to 1.2
.8 to 1.0